« Barack Obollywood |
| 3 Obama Girls, 1 Cup »
Check us out at our new home:
Posted at 05:40 PM | Permalink
After watching most of these videos I am very impressed with the editing ability of ya'll and the guts you have. I believe that, if Obama were to win the Democratic nomination, Obama couldn't win the general election. The one reason is that he is of Color. It is a sad situation in The USA where the most radical, progressive, hard working, and best looking candidate, Obama, couldn't win only because he is half black. I would vote for him over any Republican, besides Ron Paul, but the fact is most registered voters wouldn't. I pray that I eat my words come November, but please don't hold my thoughts against me, unless the Obama girl snuggles up with them.
January 03, 2008 at 01:28 PM
February 01, 2008 at 06:36 AM
Think. Know. Grow. God Almighty put you on this now wayward earth to accomplish something, anything, and only YOU can figure it out. But, yet, I'm here to help if you’d just tok2me (sign my guestbook).
Take control of your emotions, rise-above to the Great Beyond where you'll be happy forever. No, I'm not a shrink, but I play one on TV; and, no, don't throw money, either. Just go to my blog.
I’d love to be your friend in Heaven. God bless you. Be at peace.
May 23, 2008 at 10:23 AM
Whoops. That's what I meant.
May 23, 2008 at 10:25 AM
LIBERAL DEMOCRAPS ARE TRAITORS TO THE USA. VOTE REPUBLICAN IN 2008
In the last 50 years, liberals(LIKE OBAMA) have sided with every enemy that America has had.
Viet Cong troops were loved by Hanoi Jane and Hanoi John and you liberals supported the communist troops over those of us that were drafted and had to go over there
Communist USSR - Stalin was called "Uncle Joe" by Liberals (commie loving scumbags) while he exterminated close to 25 million people.
Cuba - Fidel a folk hero loved by liberals everywhere
Venezuela - Chevez, another communist dictator revered and loved by liberals
Terrorist Nations and terrorist groups (they're peaceful people who hate women / anyone who's not in their particular sect / behead people / blow themselves up as well as children
2. Show their complete hatred of any thing patriotic and Christian
3. Teach children that perverts are living an alternate and wholesome lifestyle.
4. Believe that murderers and other deviates are just mis-understood people that shouldn't be in prison. "If only we could have a talk with them and point out how their behavior disappoints us"..... this also works with terrorists, maybe they just need a timeout!
5. Liberal support of illegal scumbags causing crime, getting free medical care, subsidized housing and food, free schooling all paid for by us taxpayers.
6. Demanding and passing laws that give criminals more rights than victims.
7. Yesterday one of you liberals on here posted saying you were looking for a site that was something like "f&^k the troops" and saying that they wanted to find the site and say how much they supported them. Proving again that you phony liberals don't really "Support Our Troops" its just another pack of PC lies covering up your hatred of this country.
And many more ways.... They want to change America to the "new communism" as some of you liberals have told me (being anonymous here allows you liberals to state what your goals actually are).
Go to this site dedicated to the communist party: http://www.cpusa.org and see that they have recommended every liberal democrat candidate that has run for the presidency during the last 4 or 5 elections and probably more. Read the communist stated goals, compare them to the goals set by the democrats..... suprise! they're the same. UNLIKE LIBERALS WHO LOOK AT THIS AS A PLUS.....
I DON'T VOTE FOR CANDIDATES THAT ARE RECOMMENDED BY COMMUNISTS.
IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
Support Our Troops -> http://www.moveamericaforward.com/
obama sucks |
July 20, 2008 at 01:45 AM
Obama's Good Friend William Ayers - American terrorist who has no regrets for his murdering of innocent Americans.
Obama's Long-Time Friend and Fundraiser Antonio Rezko - Syrian Muslim Slum Lord.
Obama's Mentor / Spiritual Leader Rev. Wright - racist, “Nation of Islam” supporter, anti-American.
Obama's Other Rev. James Meeks - racist, black supremacist and homophobic senator of Illinois.
Obama's Fundraiser Hatem El-Hady - accused terrorist linked to Hamas and Al Quaeda.
Daniel Ortega - led a Marxist revolution in Nicaragua in 1979.
Paul Reyes leader of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia - communist terrorist group.
Professor Khalidi - Muslim Terrorist Supporter.
Rev. Jesse Jackson - racis, adulterer, black supremacist.
Friend Nadhmi Auchi - Muslim Billionaire, bulk of money came from doing under the table arms deals with Saddam Hussein.
Sohaib Abassi - Muslim Millionaire.
Ahmed Yousef - chief political adviser to the Prime Minister of Hamas-terrorist organization against Israel pro PLO.
The new Black Panther Party - U.S. based black supremacist organization for Black Theology.
Louis Farrakhan - the longtime radical leader of the Nation of Islam.
La Raza - racist Marxist Latino separatists who want the U.S. southwest as a separate Latino nation.
Jane Fonda - "Hanoi-Jane" Fonda posed for pix on a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft machine gun, which may very well have been the same one used to down John McCain's plane, then she spat on US POWs and was used as a propaganda tool by the North.
Jimmy Carter - ex-president who about ran the economy into the the core of the Earth, long gas lines, 18% mortgages etc.
Michael Moore - left-wing nut who the majority of American's think is a liar and opportunist.
Democrat Senator Robert Byrd - x-wizard of KKK.
George Galloway - America hater, Hizbollah supporter, etc.
Soros - billionaire, socialist, “one world government” supporter.
Al Gore - making money on carbon offsets with a dream of UN “global carbon/green tax” on all countries.
“Birds of a feather flock together”
OBAMA LAUNDRY LIST OF LIES as of April 16, 2008 (76 lies and counting)
1.) Selma Got Me Born - LIAR, your parents felt safe enough to have you in 1961 - Selma had no effect on your birth, as Selma was in 1965. Source: hotair.com
2.) Father Was A Goat Herder - LIAR, he was a privileged, well educated youth, who went on to work with the Kenyan Government. Source: http://www.godlikeproductions...
3.) Father Was A Proud Freedom Fighter - LIAR, he was part of one of the most corrupt and violent governments Kenya has ever had Source:http://atlasshrugs2000...
4.) My Family Has Strong Ties To African Freedom - LIAR, your cousin Raila Odinga has created mass violence in attempting to overturn a legitimate election in 2007, in Kenya. It is the first widespread violence in decades. Source:http://atlasshrugs2000...
5.) My Grandmother Has Always Been A Christian - LIAR, she does her daily Salat prayers at 5am according to her own interviews. Not to mention, Christianity wouldn’t allow her to have been one of 14 wives to 1 man. Source: According to NYTimes story of April of last year, Sarah Hussein Obama told the New York Times she is a devout Muslim.
6.) My Name is African Swahili - LIAR, your name is Arabic and ‘Baraka’ (from which Barack came) means ‘blessed’ in that language. Hussein is also Arabic and so is Obama.
7.) I Never Practiced Islam - LIAR, you practiced it daily at school, where you were registered as a Muslim and kept that faith for 31 years,until your wife made you change, so you could run for office.
8.) My School In Indonesia Was Christian - LIAR, you were registered as Muslim there and got in trouble in Koranic Studies for making faces (check your own book).
9.) I Was Fluent In Indonesian - LIAR, not one teacher says you could speak the language.
10.) Because I Lived In Indonesia, I Have More Foreign Experience - LIAR, you were there from the ages of 6 to 10, and couldn’t even speak the language. What did you learn, how to study the Koran and watch cartoons.
11.) I Am Stronger On Foreign Affairs - LIAR, except for Africa (surprise) and the Middle East (bigger surprise), you have never been anywhere else on the planet and thus have NO experience with our closest allies.
12.) I Blame My Early Drug Use On Ethnic Confusion - LIAR, you were quite content in high school to be Barry Obama, no mention of Kenya and no mention of struggle to identify - your classmates said you were just fine.
13.)An Ebony Article Moved Me To Run For Office - LIAR, Ebony has yet to find the article you mention in your book. It doesn’t, and never did, exist.
14.) A Life Magazine Article Changed My Outlook On Life - LIAR, Life has yet to find the article you mention in your book. It doesn’t, and never did, exist.
15.) I Won’t Run On A National Ticket In ‘08 - LIAR, here you are, despite saying, live on TV, that you would not have enough experience by then, and you are all about having experience first.
16.) Present Votes Are Common In Illinois - LIAR, they are common for YOU, but not many others have 130 NO VOTES.
17.) Oops, I Misvoted - LIAR, only when caught by church groups and democrats, did you beg to change your misvote.
18.) I Was A Professor Of Law - LIAR, you were a senior lecturer ON LEAVE.
19.) I Was A Constitutional Lawyer - LIAR, you were a senior lecturer ON LEAVE.
20.) Without Me, There Would Be No Ethics Bill - LIAR, you didn’t write it,introduce it, change it, or create it.
21.) The Ethics Bill Was Hard To Pass - LIAR, it took just 14 days from start to finish.
22.) I Wrote A Tough Nuclear Bill - LIAR, your bill was rejected by your own party for its pandering and lack of all regulation - mainly because of your Nuclear Donor, Exelon, from which David Axelrod came.
23.) I Have Released My State Records - LIAR, as of March, 2008, state bills you sponsored or voted for have yet to be released, exposing all the special interests pork hidden within.
24.) I Took On The Asbestos Altgeld Gardens Mess - LIAR, you were part of a large group of people who remedied Altgeld Gardens. You failed to mention anyone else but yourself, in your books.
25.) My Economics Bill Will Help America - LIAR, your 111 economic policies were just combined into a proposal which lost 99-0, and even YOU voted against your own bill.
26.) I Have Been A Bold Leader In Illinois - LIAR, even your own supporters claim to have not seen BOLD action on your part.
27.) I Passed 26 Of My Own Bills In One Year - LIAR, they were not YOUR bills, but rather handed to you, after their creation by a fellow Senator, to assist you in a future bid for higher office.
28.) No One Contacted Canada About NAFTA - LIAR, the Candian Government issued the names and a memo of the conversation your campaign had with them.
29.) I Am Tough On Terrorism - LIAR, you missed the Iran Resolution vote on terrorism and your good friend Ali Abunimah supports the destruction of Israel.
30.) I Am Not Acting As President Yet - LIAR, after the NAFTA Memo, a dead terrorist in the FARC, in Colombia, was found with a letter stating how you and he were working together on getting FARC recognized officially.
31.) I Didn’t Run Ads In Florida - LIAR, you allowed national ads to run 8-12 times per day for two weeks - and you still lost.
32.) I Won Michigan - LIAR, no you didn’t.
33.) I won Nevada - LIAR, no you did not.
34.) I Want All Votes To Count - LIAR, you said let the delegates decide.
35.) I Want Americans To Decide - LIAR, you prefer caucuses that limit the vote, confuse the voters, force a public vote, and only operate during small windows of time.
36.) I passed 900 Bills in the State Senate - LIAR, you passed 26, most of which you didn’t write yourself.
37.) My Campaign Was Extorted By A Friend - LIAR, that friend is threatening to sue if you do not stop saying this. Obama has stopped saying this.
38.) I Believe In Fairness, Not Tactics - LIAR, you used tactics to eliminate Alice Palmer from running against you.
39.) I Don’t Take PAC Money - LIAR, you take loads of it.
40.) I don’t Have Lobbysists - LIAR, you have over 47 lobbyists, and counting.
41.) My Campaign Had Nothing To Do With The 1984 Ad - LIAR, your own campaign worker made the ad on his Apple in one afternoon.
42.) My Campaign Never Took Over MySpace - LIAR, Tom, who started MySpace issued a warning about this advertising to MySpace clients.
43.) I Inspire People With My Words - LIAR, you inspire people with other people’s words.
44.) I Have Passed Bills In The U.S. Senate - LIAR, you have passed A BILL in the U.S. Senate - for Africa, which shows YOUR priorities.
45.) I Have Always Been Against Iraq - LIAR, you weren’t in office to vote against it AND you have voted to fund it every single time, unlike Kucinich, who seems to be out gutting you Obama. You also seem to be stepping back from your departure date - AGAIN.
46.) I Have Always Supported Universal Health Care - LIAR, your plan leaves us all to pay the 15,000,000 who don’t have to buy it.
47.) I Only Found Out About My Investment Conflicts Via Mail - LIAR, both companies you site as having sent you letters about this conflict have no record of any such letter ever being created or sent.
48.) I Am As Patriotic As Anyone - LIAR, you won’t wear a flag pin and you don’t put your hand over your heart during the Anthem.
49.) My Wife Didn’t Mean What She Said About Pride In Country - LIAR, your wife’s words follow lock-step in the vein of Wright and Farrahkan, in relation to their contempt and hatred of America.
50.) Wal-Mart Is A Company I Wouldn’t Support - LIAR, your wife has received nearly a quater of a million dollars through Treehouse, which is connected to Wal-Mart.
51.) Treehouse Is A Small Company - LIAR, the CEO of Treehouse last year, made more than the CEO of Wal-Mart, according to public records.
52.) University Of Chicago Hospital Pay Is Fair - LIAR, your wife’s pay raise was nearly 150% her already bloated rate and the hospital is a Non-Profit Hospital, which made $100,000,000 in the last 3 years. They overcharge blacks VS whites for services, and overcharge everyone in general by 538%!
53.)I Barely Know Rezko - Only 5 Billed Hours - LIAR, you have known him for 17 years, and decided to do a real estate deal with him during a time when he was proven to be under investigation. Despite this, you divided your property and had them take off $300K before the mortgage problems started. Then Rezko’s wife buys the lot beside it that you can’t afford, saving you $625,000.
54.) My Donations Have Been Checked Thoroughly - LIAR, you only gave back Hsu ($72K) and Rezko (first $66K, then when caught lying $86K, then when caught lying again $150K and now caught lying YET AGAIN OBAMA, it’s $250k) their money when publically called on their involvement in your campaigns.
55.) My Church Is Like Any Other Christian Church - LIAR, your church is so extreme, the pastor who married you, Rev. Wright, just got done blaming the US for 9/11 and named Louis Farrahkan their person of the year.
56.) I Disagree With My Church All The Time - LIAR, you still have yet to repudiate Wright, who married you and your wife, and you still donate large sums of money to assist the church in furthering its message - hatred and revenge. You donated in 2006 alone, $22,500 to the church that you so terribly disagree with. That is nearly $500 PER WEEK - that sure is disagreement, Senator Obama.
57.) I Have Clean Connections Despite Rezko - LIAR, you are not only connected to Exelon and Rezko, you are also connected to Hillary PAC supporter Mr. Hsu, AND an Iraqi Billionaire of ill repute, Nadhmi Auchi, who ripped off people in the Food For Oil, Iraqi deal. Seems Mr. Auchi may have helped Obama buy his million dollar property long before Obama had millions of dollars. Wonder what favors Mr. Auchi expects, when Obama leaves Iraq free to be taken over by special interests such as him.
58.) I never heard sermons like Rev. Wright’s, that have been in videos all day, You Tube - LIAR! 3 days later during your Mea Culpa BS speech you said “Did I hear controversial statements while I sat in that church? Yes I did.”
59.) The Passport Invasion is a conspiracy to find dirt on me! - LIAR. Your own Campaign Foreign Policy Advisor is the CEO of the company that looked into your records. PS - You had them look into yours to hide the fact you looked into Clinton’s and McCain’s more than a year before!
60.) Rev. Meeks has nothing to do with my campaigning - LIAR. Rev. Meeks appeared in ads for your Senate Campaign, donated to you, and helped raise money, then AND NOW. PS - He also seems to despise America.
61.) My wife didn’t mean America is ignorant, she was just using a phrase - LIAR. Again, Michelle's comments perfectly sync with Wright’s, Meeks’, and Farrakhan's, both in language, anger, and direction.
62.) I am very Anti-Terror - LIAR. [03/30/2008] One of your good pals is long time radical and terrorist William Ayers, with whom you have been seen in the last 12 months and who has helped the now jailed khalidi, Professor at Columbia who invited Ahmadinejad to the University, to raise money for Palestinian terrorism attacks against Israel. PS - Your church published a pro Hamas Manifesto - guess you weren’t there on THAT Sunday either? How lucky for you.
63.) I have the best plan to cure the Mortgage Crisis - LIAR. [03/30/2008] You and your campaign buddy Penny SubPrime Bank Collapse Prizker have had your little fingers full of subprime cash - Obama has taken $1,180,103 from the top issuers of subprime loans: Obama received $266,907 from Lehman, $5395 from GMAC, $150,850 from Credit Suisse First Boston, $11,250 from Countrywide, $9052 from Washington Mutual, $161,850 from Citigroup, $4600 from CBASS, $170,050 from Morgan Stanley, $1150 from Centex, and last but certainly NOT LEAST - Obama received $351,900 from Goldman Sachs. I am sure that cash all came from folks who knew the subprime loan they had was a dream, eh?
64) I played greater role in crafting liberal stands on gun control, the death penalty and abortion - LIAR - [03/31/2008] It was found that Obama — the day after sitting for the interview — filed an amended version of the questionnaire, which appears to contain Obama’s own handwritten notes added to one answer. Read Obama had greater role on liberal survey
65) I did NOT play the race card: - LIAR - [03/31/2008] Obama was the first to play the race card. According to Philadelphia Inquirer, Quietly, the storm over the hateful views expressed by Sen. Barack Obama’s pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, has blown away the most insidious myth of the Democratic primary campaign. Obama and his surrogates have charged that Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton has deliberately and cleverly played the race card in order to label Obama the “black” candidate.
66) I did not take money from oil companies: - LIAR - [03/31/2008]
THE FACTS: True enough, Obama does not take money from oil companies. No candidate does. It is illegal for corporations to give money to politicians. Corporations, however, do have political action committees that collect voluntary donations from employees and then donate them to candidates. Obama doesn’t take money from PACs. He also doesn’t take money from lobbyists.
But he does accept money from executives and other employees of oil companies and two of his fundraisers are oil company executives. As of Feb. 29, Obama’s presidential campaign had received nearly $214,000 from oil and gas industry employees and their families, according to an analysis by the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics. Clinton had received nearly $307,000 from industry workers and their families and Republican Sen. John McCain, the likely GOP presidential nominee, received nearly $394,000, according to the center’s totals.
Two of Obama’s fundraisers are Robert Cavnar, the chairman and chief executive of Houston-based Mission Resources Corp., and George Kaiser, the president and CEO of Tulsa-based Kaiser-Francis Oil Co. Source: Associated press via Yahoo News
67) “I don’t think my church is actually particularly controversial,” Obama said at a community meeting in Nelsonville, Ohio, earlier this month. - LIAR - But yesterday, he told a different story. “Did I ever hear him make remarks that could be considered controversial while I sat in church? Yes,” he said in his speech yesterday in Philadelphia.
68) Look at my education record in Illinois - LIAR - In reality, Obama never really championed the local councils. He supported them behind the scenes and only eventually came out publicly on their behalf. When he did weigh in, he came down on the wrong side of the debate—against protecting principals from unwarranted dismissals and in favor of keeping councils independent, no matter what. In the end, the resolution of the conflict between the two sides didn’t alleviate anyone’s concerns. Instead, it prolonged a turf battle that seems to have dragged down academic progress in the years since. Read more here http://www.slate.com/id/21880...
69) “I stopped smoking. I stopped smoking. I haven’t had a cigarette since I quit - LIAR - But in his own words, here is what Obama said. Except….last night on MSNBC’s Hardball, Obama admitted that his attempt to wean himself from the vile tobacco weed had not been entirely successful. I fell off the wagon a couple times during the course of it, and then was able to get back on,” he said. “But it is a struggle like everything else.”
70) I did not campaign in Florida, (so Florida vote shouldn’t count) - LIAR -According to Boston Globe, Herald Tribune and other sites, Obama airs “ads” on Cable stations in Florida. Even with the Florida cable ads, Obama still lost. From herald tribune.com Obama’s Florida ads bust pledge
71) Obama distort (aka “Lie”) about McCain saying, “McCain (he) is willing to send our troops too another war of 100 years in Iraq”. Obama also denied what he said on the video - LIAR - The video proves him absolutely untruthful (”a liar”).
72) Obama on Guns - when Obama ran for the Illinois state senate the political group, Independent Voters of Illinois (IVI), asked him if he supported a “ban [on] the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns” and he responded “yes.” - LIAR- But in what will probably be the most improbable change, the Politico reported on Saturday that Barack Obama was making a big play for gun votes in Pennsylvania. In 1998, another questionnaire administered by IL State Legislative National Political Awareness Test didn’t ask about banning all handguns, but it did find that Obama wanted to “ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.”
73) Here is what Obama now said he meant about comment he made about Small town PA - “So I said, ‘Well, you know, when you’re bitter you turn to what you can count on,’ ” he continued. “So people they vote about guns, or they take comfort from their faith and their family and their community. And they get mad about illegal immigrants who are coming over to this country or they get frustrated about, you know, how things are changing. That’s a natural response.” - LIAR - See what Obama really meant in red. It does not take high school student to understand what Obama meant - “You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing’s replaced them…And they fell through the Clinton Administration, and the Bush Administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. And it’s not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.
74) “I did not recall meeting Nadhmi Auchi at any time or on any occasion” - LIAR - But a government witness said on Monday, during Antoin Rezko’s corruption trial, that he recalled seeing Sen. Barack Obama at a party that Rezko held in 2004 to honor Nadhmi Auchi, an Iraqi-born tycoon. Two other guests at the party declared the Obamas were present at the event, which took place one week before Obama won his U.S. Senate seat.
75) “I did not take money from oil companies” -LIAR- It is against the law to take money from oil companies. None of your opponents take money from oil companies either.
76) “I am the only candidate who isn’t taking a dime from Washington lobbyist” - LIAR- The record shows quite the opposite. According to USA Today, Obama’s campaign fundraising team includes 38 members of law firms that were paid $138 million last year to lobby the federal government, records show. Those lawyers, including 10 former federal lobbyists, have pledged to raise at least $3.5 million for the Illinois senator’s presidential race. Employees of their firms have given Obama’s campaign $2.26 million, a USA TODAY analysis of campaign finance data shows.
obama sucks |
July 20, 2008 at 01:46 AM
OBAMA'S FLIP-FLOP OVERSTOCK INVENTROY BUY 1 GET 1 FREE!
John Kerry, you're off the hook. John Edwards, we're giving you a well-deserved break. You guys were great flip-floppers in your day, but now you've been seriously upstaged. All hail the new King of Flip-Flop - Barack Obama.
As a rookie flip-flopper, Obama first drew the attention of the environmental lobby about this time last year:
Although summer hasn’t officially begun, flip-flop season is well underway and it appears Senator Obama has joined the club. Typically flip-floppers are criticized for their inability to stay firm on an issue, but in Obama’s case, his flop has many environmentalists flipping back his way.
On Tuesday Obama, whose support for coal-to-liquid has been widely criticized by environmentalists, sent out a press release clarifying his position on liquid coal:
Senator Obama supports research into all technologies to help solve our climate change and energy dependence problems, including shifting our energy use to renewable fuels and investing in technology that could make coal a clean-burning source of energy…However, unless and until this technology is perfected, Senator Obama will not support the development of any coal-to-liquid fuels unless they emit at least 20% less life-cycle carbon than conventional fuels.
This “clarification” is an important step for the Obama campaign in trying to gain support from environmental organizations and voters.
For the Candidate of Hope and Change, there were bigger and better flip-flops yet to come. As his campain began to toss Obama's positions on issue after issue under the bus, the Senate's most liberal member made quite an impression on the Washington Post. Back in February, WaPo cited these "Top Obama Flip-Flops":
1. Special interests In January, the Obama campaign described union contributions to the campaigns of Clinton and John Edwards as "special interest" money. Obama changed his tune as he began gathering his own union endorsements. He now refers respectfully to unions as the representatives of "working people" and says he is "thrilled" by their support.
2. Public financing Obama replied "yes" in September 2007 when asked if he would agree to public financing of the presidential election if his GOP opponent did the same. Obama has now attached several conditions to such an agreement, including regulating spending by outside groups. His spokesman says the candidate never committed himself on the matter.
3. The Cuba embargo In January 2004, Obama said it was time "to end the embargo with Cuba" because it had "utterly failed in the effort to overthrow Castro." Speaking to a Cuban American audience in Miami in August 2007, he said he would not "take off the embargo" as president because it is "an important inducement for change."
4. Illegal immigration In a March 2004 questionnaire, Obama was asked if the government should "crack down on businesses that hire illegal immigrants." He replied "Oppose." In a Jan. 31, 2008, televised debate, he said that "we do have to crack down on those employers that are taking advantage of the situation."
5. Decriminalization of marijuana While running for the U.S. Senate in January 2004, Obama told Illinois college students that he supported eliminating criminal penalties for marijuana use. In the Oct. 30, 2007, presidential debate, he joined other Democratic candidates in opposing the decriminalization of marijuana.
Top flip-flops? Pshaw, that was nearly four full months ago, and the man was just getting warmed up. And Obama's squirming on campaign finance hadn't even gotten off the ground. The New York Post recently ripped Obama for flipping on this and some other issues as well:
This isn't the first time Obama has, um, "changed" political lanes:
* He ripped Hillary Clinton for months for voting to list Iran's Revolutionary Guard as a terrorist organization. Days after Clinton conceded, Obama flipped and said he supported the definition.
* Obama repeatedly vowed to meet with various heads of terror states - most notably Ahmadinejad of Iran - "without preconditions." Then, with the nomination in sight, he zigzagged: "There's no reason why we would necessarily meet with Ahmadinejad. He's not the most powerful person in Iran."
* In October, he supported NAFTA expansion. In March, campaigning in the Ohio primary, he called for a "reopening" of the trade pact's terms. This week, he called his own primary rhetoric "overheated" and said NAFTA has had a positive effect on the US economy.
* Yesterday, after signaling opposition to nuclear power, he told Democratic governors he's open to expanding it.
That Obama is now the King of Flip-Flop will come as a surprise only to his devoted followers who have been too busy swooning over him to notice. Those of us not so easily smitten could have predicted this turn of events. In fact, some did. Consider this blogger who - in a post from August of 2007 titled "Obama The Anti-War Candidate NOW Says He’ll Invade Another Country!" - predicted:
I guarantee this guy is going to turn into the flip-flopping candidate just like his buddy Kerry did in 2003, 2004.
Obama's flip-flop on campaign finance was one that did manage to capture the attention of Mark Shields, a liberal columnist who, unlike most of his peers, still has some integrity.
Barack Obama made history this week. He became the first presidential nominee since Richard Nixon in 1972 to state that his campaign will be funded totally by private donations with no limits on spending.
It was a flip-flop of epic proportions. It was one that he could not rationalize or justify. His video was unconvincing. He looked like someone who was being kept as a hostage somewhere he was so absolutely unconvincing in it. It could not have passed a polygraph test.
I mean, coming up with this bogus argument the Republicans have so much more money -- the Republicans don't have so much more money. He's raised three times as much as John McCain has.
He has every possible committee, except Republican National Committee, Democrats at the Senate level, congressional level have this lopsided edge over Republicans. They spent three times as much, did Democratic leaning 527s, in the last election as did Republicans.
So what Obama didn't admit was, up until February of this year, when he told Tim Russert that not only would he aggressively seek an agreement on public financing, that he personally would sit down with John McCain and work it out, then, all of a sudden, they realized that all these small contributions were coming in and he was going to have a financial advantage in the fall against the Republican, and they grabbed it.
Hat Tip: NewsBusters' Noel Sheppard
Name an issue. Chances are, Obama has flipped on it. Jerusalem?
Within 24 hours of expressing his firm support for a united Jerusalem in a speech to a pro-Israel lobby organization, US Senator Barack Obama found himself forced to backtrack in the face of Arab anger on Thursday.
Debates with John McCain? Here's Obama before McCain challenged him to a series of town hall debates:
If John McCain wants to meet me anywhere, anytime, to have a debate about our respective policies in Iraq, Iran, the Middle East or around the world, that is a conversation I am happy to have.
Here's an Obama spokesperson after:
Mr. Plouffe called the McCain campaign’s offer “appealing,” but said they would prefer a format that is “less structured and lengthier than the McCain campaign suggests, one that more closely resembles the historic debates between Abraham Lincoln and Stephen Douglas.”
Oh, well. So much for "anywhere, anytime." Obama fears going mano a mano with McCain on McCain's terms. No one would blame Obama for holding out for a more favorable deal, if only he had not said, "Anywhere, anytime."
If campaign finance was the most opportunistic of Obama's flip-flops, this one has to be the most disingenuous:
In 2007, his campaign told the Chicago Tribune he believed the Washington, D.C. gun ban was constitutional. Now they say that was an "inartful" explanation. Now, the public is supposed to be believe the message of the day from the Obama campaign, which is that of course he knew the gun ban was unconstitutional.
Obama seems to be working hard to make John Kerry look like a straight-shooter.
Now plenty of people oppose gun rights (I am not one of them), and if Obama really is one of these, why play politics with such a fundamental issue?
Oh wait, playing politics with issues is what Barack Obama does.
-- Obama wants to reimpose a federal gun ban.
-- Obama voted against the sale of almost all ammunition used regularly for sport shooting and hunting.
-- Obama opposes Right to Carry laws.
-- Obama supports a complete ban on hand-gun ownership.
So now the King of Flip-Flop seems to want to run up the score. That worked so well for John Kerry in 2004, don't you think?
November 03, 2008 at 01:58 AM
November 03, 2008 at 07:03 PM
Dear my Friend:
Good day and Compliments!
We have the Pleasure to introduce ourselves.We are www.tradekey.com silverkey member,welcome to look link: http://www1.tradekey.com/index.html?action=selloffer_manage.
Our website http://www.fairtrade1.com, We hot sell all kind of nike shoes clothes sunglass hat watch handbags…..Competitive price with high quality.safely delivery and getting intime is our objuct.
Hoping to cooperation with you for further. If any inquiry, feel free to contact us.
Looking forward to hear from you.
November 07, 2008 at 08:56 AM
Http://www.fairtrade1.com is a professional wholesaler of all kind of the sport shoes and brand apparel in china. All the shoes and apparel are authentic quality & original box.
With good service, hard working & reasonable price .we get a big market is Europe and North American. And most of the shoes display one our website are available in stock.
We thank you for your attention and wish having a long time business relation with all buyers from all over the world.
Welcome to our website to obtain more information!Thank you !
November 07, 2008 at 08:58 AM
Enjoyed reading this and would rather examine my own life and see where I am.Thank you v much for sharing...
Air Jordans |
April 24, 2010 at 03:11 AM
It's great to hear from you and see what you've been up to. All of the projects look great! Thanks!
Cheap Jordans |
April 24, 2010 at 08:18 PM
We are all in the position of the farmer. If we plant a good seed, we reap a good harvest. If our seed is poor and full of weeds, we reap a useless crop. If we plant nothing at all, we harvest nothing at all.
coach handbags |
June 28, 2010 at 06:57 PM
Luckily to read your article,thank you. With very best wishes for your happiness in new day.
coach sale |
July 04, 2010 at 11:40 PM
I just walk around, suprised by your blog,please give more information.
ugg shoes |
October 25, 2010 at 08:38 PM
Thank you for sharing. Very happy to see your article, I very much to like and agree with your point of view. Have a good time.
May 16, 2011 at 08:22 PM
Very, very nicely done!
justin bieber supra shoes |
September 27, 2011 at 09:56 AM
let's join our hands together to stop this kind of wrong doings. It may risk lives in the future if we just let them continue.
supra tk society |
October 19, 2011 at 01:56 AM
Don't know what is wrong what is rite but i know that every one has there own point of view and same goes to this one
North Face Down |
December 11, 2011 at 07:28 AM
The comments to this entry are closed.